- Lead Counsel
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Matrimonial Matters, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1996
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- Chicago State College, Chicago, IL
- B.S. - 1968
Thomas E. Grotta
Thomas E. Grotta has been practicing law since 1975, concentrating in the area of divorce, custody and family law, and has gained extensive trial experience. He has conducted numerous court hearings and trials involving large marital estate and complex child custody litigation. He approaches each divorce with the understanding that it is important to preserve a relationship where children are involved.
While all of the lawyers at Grotta & Associates possess the strong negotiation, litigation and strategy skills needed to successfully protect the interests of their clients, Mr. Grotta is recognized as one of the "Top Litigators" in divorce litigation. He has also been cited for his pursuit of excellence in advocacy by the National Institute of Trial Attorneys and has been selected among his peers and recognized by the Leading Lawyers Network. Mr. Grotta has also been selected among his peers and recognized by the Illinois Leading Lawyer as one of "Illinois 100 Super Lawyers for Family Law" and has received DePaul University Family Law Center's commendation for outstanding contribution to the practice of family law. He has achieved the highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards with "AV Preeminent" rating from Lexis/Nexis Martindale Hubbell Peer Review and has been recognized by the Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association, along with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
Recently, the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys has recognized the exceptional performance of Mr. Grotta as a Two Years 10 Best Family Law Attorney for Client Satisfaction.
Thomas E. Grotta is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Bar Association, Will County Bar Association, Forensic Form and Illinois Trial Lawyer's Association. He is also a certified mediator in matrimonial matters through the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- NITA, Member
- Will County Bar Association, Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyer’s Association, Member
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Forensic Form, Member
- Illinois, 1975
- Illinois Top 100 "Super Lawyers" for Family Law
- Recognized as one of the "Top Litigators" in divorce litigation
- AV Preeminent rating from Lexis/Nexis Martindale Hubbell Peer Review
- Two Years 10 Best Family Law Attorney for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Leading Lawyers Network
- Cited for his Pursuit of Excellence in Advocacy, National Institute of Trial Attorneys
Classes & Seminars
- CBA - Young Lawyer Section
- IICLE -- Custody Evaluations
- Will County Bar -- Divorcing Procedure