- Senior Associate Counsel
- Dissolution of Marriage/Dissolution of Civil Union
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities
- Allocation of Parenting Time
- Collaborative Law
Certified Legal Specialties:
- Mediation, Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago, 2000
- Divorce Mediation, 2012
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2001
- Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois
- B.A. - 1998
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Sociology/Psychology
Kelly D. Marks
Kelly D. Marks has been employed with Grotta & Associates, P.C. since 2001. She graduated with honors from Northern Illinois University in 1998 and received her undergraduate degree in Sociology and Psychology. Ms. Marks obtained her Juris Doctorate from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2001, and was admitted to practice law in both Illinois State and Federal courts the same year. Ms. Marks also obtained a certification in mediation from the Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago in 2000, a certification in divorce mediation in 2012, and a certification to enable her to serve as a Guardian Ad Litem in 2012. Ms. Marks has also been trained in Collaborative Law and is a member on the International Collaborative Law Institute.
Ms. Marks is an active member in the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois Bar Association, the Will County Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. Her areas of practice include dissolution of marriage, dissolution of civil unions, paternity, pre-nuptial agreements, parenting time, allocation of parental responsibilities, complex financial issues, division of assets and liabilities and other issues relating to domestic relations. Ms. Marks constantly reviews updates on family law related issues through seminars, publications and current case law.
Ms. Marks has been recognized as an "Emerging Lawyer" in the State of Illinois for 2015, 2016 and 2017. Leading Lawyers selects the top attorneys in each state based on their professional skills, experience and ethical practices. The "Emerging Lawyer" designation is reserved for the top two percent of lawyers in Illinois who are 40 years old or under and have been recognized by their peers. Ms. Marks has also been recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in the State of Illinois for 2018 and 2019. The “Leading Lawyer” designation, which is limited to less than five percent of the attorneys in the state, is determined by a survey of all licensed attorneys in the state, followed by interviews, verification and the approval of the Leading Lawyers Advisory Board. Only those lawyers who are most frequently and consistently recommended by their peers are listed.
Ms. Marks has also been recognized as “10 Best Female Attorneys” by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys in 2017 and “Top 10 Family Law Attorneys” by Attorney & Practice Magazines—Family Law in 2019.
Additionally, the memberships section needs to be updated to show that I am a member to the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and the honors section needs to be updated to include Emerging Lawyer for 2017, Leading Lawyer for 2018 and 2019, 10 Best Female Attorneys for 2017 and Top 10 Family Law Attorneys for 2019.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Will County Women’s Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2001
- Emerging Lawyer, 2015 and 2016
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity