- Of Counsel, 2003
- Family Law
- Complex Financial Issues
Certified Legal Specialties:
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award
Steven S. Russo
Steven S. Russo has been of counsel with Grotta & Associates, P.C. since 2003. Mr. Russo is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law (1983) where he earned the American Jurisprudence Award. He later served in clerkship to the Federal District Court Judge Nicholas J. Bua prior to his tenure at a distinguished Chicago family law firm as trial counsel.
Mr. Russo was elected as Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers in 1995. In addition to his membership in the American Bar Association and Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), he has served on the ISBA Family Law Section Council, where he was instrumental in the authorship of key legislation and ground breaking statutory amendments to the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act. Mr. Russo and Thomas E. Grotta have also co-authored publications on behalf of the ISBA. Mr. Russo is past President of the Justinian Society and has given lectures before various bar associations. He continues to serve as a consultant and expert witness in high profile cases throughout the State of Illinois. He constantly updates his knowledge and expertise focusing on development in Illinois law regarding divorce, custody and complex financial issues.
Mr. Russo is counsel for Grotta & Associates in the Chicago loop office, directly across from the Richard J. Daley Center courthouse. He also services clients in Lake County and DuPage County on behalf of Grotta & Associates, P.C.
- Justinian Society, Past President
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow, 1995 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Member
- ISBA Family Law Section Council, Member
- Federal District Court Judge Nicholas J. Bua, Clerk
- Illinois, 1983
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Attorney's Fees in Illinois, Illinois State Bar Handbook, 1995